Online purchasing and daily drop-offs have become a way of life for numerous residents. You appreciate the benefit of having items left at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in the open are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a real problem, but you are able to protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’re sure to become an essential part of your smart home.
Perks of a Chicago video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You can now set up detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and get instant alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The best way to see how a Chicago video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading burglary with warning lights and sounds. This is a great way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors on your porch and items on the walkway below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid streams no matter the hour: What’s the use of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Leading models will include incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can receive instant alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and packages.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is someone standing at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to find out their purpose for being there. You can even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will allow you to reduce false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the option to see real-time and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can interact with them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even permit you to talk with the person at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.