Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Chicago smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in total command of your Chicago home’s security and automation. See what it can do and find suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Chicago help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review current or saved video from your connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Chicago by setting schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then confirm you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Chicago
Although multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote capability, tap email or phone and provide the details to deliver an invitation.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Chicago smart home. Call (312) 626-4802 to learn more.