What you should look for in a home security camera in Chicago
Getting snagged by surveillance is the last thing a prowler wishes for This is a primary reason why security cameras are some of the best tools to include as you design your home security system. Even though independent cameras can be effective when installed properly, they’re even more powerful when integrated into your property’s comprehensive system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Chicago? You’ll be happy to find these important devices have more benefits than previous iterations. You can see live feeds from indoor cameras or warn those lurking about with integrated deterrent mechanisms from outdoor cameras. You’ll even get easy access to your cameras via a centralized in-home touchscreen or cell phone app.
Powerful features bolster home security cameras in Chicago
Loaded with features and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will take your home’s protection to a different level. These essential aspects of your security system can be found with an incredible array of features such as 2-way talk, motion detection, and convenient cell phone access. Review all of the possibilities here.
- Built-in deterrents: Install a security camera that is able to take immediate action. If strange activity is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid circle of red light will emerge around the camera’s lens and a loud alarm will resonate.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision functionality provides clear-cut views of your surroundings no matter the time of day. Your cameras will even keep their crisp imaging when zooming in on specific spots.
- Convenient storage: Choose devices with recording and storage cloud capabilities and the ability to review footage directly from your mobile device app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Chicago are frequently paired to a helpful app on your smartphone. You can view real-time footage or pre-recorded segments and even engage or disarm your alarms. The Vivint App will send a notification to your cell phone when a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion sensors prompts cameras to engage if strange activity occurs. You’ll also be alerted with an update on your smartphone.
- Converse with visitors or family: Would you like to check in with your kids after school? Is there a stranger at your doorstep? Modern residential security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way talk so you can speak to the people detected by your equipment.
- Field of vision: As a general rule, your outdoor video cameras should offer an angle of 120° or higher. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This benefit provides the opportunity to program the precise space you wish your camera to supervise. This will be helpful to limit what you watch as you wouldn’t want notifications each time a vehicle travels by on the road.
Configure your own home security system
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in Chicago. The next step is to design your own custom Vivint smart home. Phone (312) 626-4802 to get started or submit the following form to engage our security specialists.